Doctor Katherine Pulaski (Diana Muldaur) is one of Star Trek’s most controversial characters. Taking over from Doctor Crusher in Season 2 of The Next Generation, she has been described as a “female Bones” and criticized in particular for her attitude towards Data. In this episode, Brittany joins us to discuss our impressions of Pulaski and whether she’s been given a fair shake in the fandom.
Download Now (right-click and save)
Notes and References:
- Rick Berman on casting Diana Muldaur as Doctor Pulaski, from USA Today, November 22, 1988.
- Diana Muldaur on returning to Trek, quoted in the Houston Chronicle, 1988.
- “We Could Have Been Great Together: Kate Pulaski – A Second Look at Diana Muldaur’s Tour of Duty on The Next Generation” by Rob Heyman for Trekcore.com
- “Catching Up With Diana Muldaur” interview on StarTrek.com.
- #CaptainBeyonce via Fashion it So on Tumblr.
Hosts: Sue, Andi, Grace