Our crew profiles superfan Bjo Trimble, who along with her husband John, spearheaded the letter-writing campaign that saved Star Trek in the 1960s. Includes an interview with John and Bjo from Star Trek Las Vegas 2016.
Download now (right-click and save)
Hosts: Jarrah, Andi, Grace and Sue
Guests: Bjo and John Trimble
Transcription: Rebecca – @carolinalady
Download transcript: PDF or Word
Notes and References:
- 1999 interview with Bjo Trimble at trekplace.com
- “Enterprise: The First Space Shuttle” at Mental Floss
- These Are The Voyages by Marc Cushman
- Star Trek Lives! by Jacqueline Lichtenberg. Sondra Marshak and Joan Winston (1975)
- The Star Trek Concordance by Bjo Trimble
- Bjo Trimble on Memory Alpha and Wikipedia
- Our cover photo of Bjo Trimble was taken at Star Trek Las Vegas 2016. Credit: Nick Duguid (Flickr)
We just listened to this, just found it, in fact — yeah, I know, we should be more alert! We were surprised and delighted. John sounds OK, but my voice is very hoarse in this podcast due to the heavy casino smoke we had to go through from our rooms to the convention floor. Thanks again for asking us to your podcast! We do appreciate it.
I do try to navigate Twitter and Instagram, but they are confusing enough that I seldom try. Just an update: the Concordance is on hold for awhile, so I’m working on a series of natural dye booklets, and editing our colored earth website. It would sure help if I knew what I was doing! — Bjo Trimble