An amazing group of guests, including Molly Swain and Chelsea Vowel (Métis In Space), professor and author Sierra Adare-Tasiwoopa Api, and David Holquinn (Trekradio) join us to talk about Indigenous representation in Trek, from “The Paradise Syndrome” to Chakotay.
Download now (right-click and save)
- Sierra Adare-Tasiwoopa Api, author
- David Holquinn, Trek Radio DJ, @DeyvID_KDF
- Molly Swain, co-host of the Métis In Space podcast
- Chelsea Vowel, co-host of the Métis In Space podcast and blogger at apihtawikosisan.com, @apihtawikosisan
Transcription: Rebecca – @carolinalady
Notes and References:
- “Indian” Stereotypes in TV Science Fiction: First Nations Voices Speak Out by Sierra S. Adare, University of Texas Press (2005)
- Film: Reel Injun (2009)
- “‘A Cuchi Moya!’ – Star Trek’s Native Americans” by Katja Kanzler, American Studies Journal Number 49 (2007)
- IMDB bio for Robert Beltran
- Indigenous Writes by Chelsea Vowel, Portage & Main Press (2016).
- “Star Trek Bachelor Party” at Trek Radio.